About Groupworks West
Groupworks West was founded in 2000 by Christopher Mulligan LCSW to improve the quality of life of those challenged by autistic spectrum disorders (ASD)—parents, children, teens and young adults.
Groupworks West offers the following services for children,teens, and adults diagnosed with ASD:
1) social skills groups for children and teens
2) employment traning groups for teens and young adults
3) sexuality education and dating skills groups fo teens and young adults.
4) Individual and family therapy.
5) parent traing and consultation
Christopher Mulligan is a Westside Regional Center vendor and a certified RDI (Relationship Development Intervention) clinician.
Since its inception, Groupworks West has broadened its scope to include the treatment of:
1) Internet and video game addiction
3) Obsessive-Complusive Disorder
4) Depression and anxiety disorders
5) Bipolar Disorder
GroupWorks West utilizes state-of-the-art, empirically-verified, cognitive-behavioral intervention models that create lasting and meaningful change in a time-limited manner.
After years of working with teens whose severe conduct issues necessitated residential placement, GroupWorks West identified a “gap” created when teens were discharged from highly structured programs and re-entered their home environment. The lack of a strong transition plan to shore up this gap frequently resulted in the teen returning to residential placement. To support families in this delicate transition period, Groupworks West now offers customized transition plans that include teen groups and intensive family therapy.