In-Home Behavior Intervention
If you are a family raising a child or teen with serious behavior problems, your best course of action is in-home intervention. The staff at Groupworks West is available to come to your home for parent training and the implementation of a behavior modification program.
Groupworks West utilizes a proven curriculum that rapidly decreases power struggles, improves compliance and adaptive behavior, improves communication, develops family cohesion, and strengthens the overall quality of the parent-child relationship.
In-home intervention addresses the following:
- Understanding behavior/compliance problems from a psychological and neurological perspective
- Developing effective communication
- Developing shared family rules
- Understanding principles of behavior change
- Implementing a behvaior management program
- Developing conflict resolution skills
- Developing self-control techniques
- Managing tantrums/anger episodes
- Using the parent-child relationship to develop self esteem & interpersonal skills