Position available to lead groups
Well, as George Harrison said: "All Things Must Pass" -- and so it is time to say good bye to Lucy and Carrie after four years. Lucy is heading up to join her husband in Washington and Carrie is headed to UCLA law school.
I cannot express the scope of my gratitude -- both Lucy and Carrie are exceptionally intelligent, focused, calm, funny, loyal, consistent, and just plain awesome working with kids, teens and youg adults on the spectrum.
Now that I will be looking for new group leaders, please put the word out. But what do I think is important in terms of working at GroupWorks?
1) No prior experience working with ASD kids is necessary -- a new, fresh, and non ABA perspective is always a plus.
2) Must love kids on the spectrum -- really love being with ASD kids, playing, talking, guiding, teaching, laughing.
3) Must be honest and sincere.
4) Must be able to give direct and clear feedback (and accept feedback).
5) Must be able to be silly and irreverent.
6) A love of books and film is a plus (and music).
7) Must be compassionate and firm.
8) Must have really strong personal boundaries.
9) Must be able to change behavior by guiding rather than making deals.
10) Must be fexible and a team player all the way.
Give me a call if you are interested!