Psychology Today Article
Thirteen Things Parents of Teens with Autism Need to Know
13. Teenage behavior cannot be blamed on mercury, vaccinations, or the parents' genetics.
12. Some teenagers care about smelling good. Or not.
11. Some like orderliness. Or not.
10. Teenagers do not learn good self-esteem by themselves.
9. Teenagers like to make their own choices. They are not usually the same as yours.
8. Teenagers do not develop good organizational skills through osmosis.
7. Moodiness is a normal teenage state of mind.
6. Raging hormones are part and parcel of being a teenager.
5. Self regulation is an important life skill not practiced by teenagers.
4. Teenagers are never hungry at the same time as the rest of the family.
3. Masturbation is normal teenage activity.
2. Discussing sex with your parents is not.
1. As a parent, you will survive the teen years. Barely.